Coronavirus Precautions | February 19, 2021February 19, 2021
Prisma Health North Greenville
A resident notified us of excellent service being provided at the Prisma Health North Greenville campus. Walk-in Care North Greenville provides same-day care for adults in the Travelers Rest community. No appointment is needed. The following illnesses and injuries can be addressed at the clinic:
- Allergy symptoms
- Cold and flu
- Sore throat
- Ear pain
- Simple infections
- Minor burns
- Minor cuts, scrapes and bruises
- Bug bites/stings
- Minor sprains and strains
Further, we understand Walk-in Care North Greenville will perform blood tests without an appointment. These tests are often ordered by physicians prior to routine office or virtual visits. The lab on the Prisma Health North Greenville campus is open from 7 am to 2 pm on weekdays.
Following are COVID restrictions for the week beginning February 22, 2021. They are the same as those currently in effect.
Independent Living Residents are encouraged to participate in weekly COVID testing and continue wearing masks, practice social distancing and regular, thorough handwashing.
- Residents may make day trips without restrictions.
- Overnight stays to one’s second home do not require vetting by Merietta McKenzie, however, overnight stays other than to one’s second home should be vetted through her the week prior to travel (see also “Quarantine Requirements”).
- Visitors are welcome in apartments and Villas if they can produce negative Covid-19 tests received in the 2 days prior to the visit or documentation of completion of both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Visits are limited to one visit per day for a maximum of one hour. Visitors should be screened at the Concierge desk.
- No overnight visits.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted.
- Guests are encouraged to limit contact with other residents.
- Medical Appointments
- Doctors’ appointments are not subject to restrictions.
- Surgical procedures, visits to the ER, and stays in the hospital require notification to Merietta.
- Dining in the Camellia Room will continue and is open to residents only. No guests permitted. Meals will be packaged for those wishing to pick them up to dine in their rooms.
- Dining capacity will be at 50% of normal capacity with all tables spaced for social distancing. Diners must wear a mask to and from their table and should leave after completion of the meal.
- All activities and wellness classes have a capacity of 15 residents.
- No outside groups allowed to utilize meeting spaces.
- Fitness center open.
- Quarantine Requirements
- For any resident who has completed both doses of the vaccine, quarantines will not be required after emergency room visits or hospital stays, unless recommended by their doctors.
- Residents who have had 2 doses of the vaccine will not be required to quarantine after overnight travel provided they do not travel abroad, on a cruise or to an area with a county positivity rate above 15%. County positivity rates are published at https://data.cms.gov/stories/s/COVID-19-Nursing-Home-Data/bkwz-xpvg/. You will scroll to the bottom of the page under the heading COVID-19 Testing. You will see here written in blue. You will click on that tab and open the spreadsheet. You can search the spread sheet by county name for any county in the US.
- Regardless of whether or not residents have taken two dosages of the vaccine, if there is a known exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID, a 14 day quarantine period will be required.
The Woodlands Test Results
This week, our testing indicated no active cases of COVID among our community. In addition, for the first time since the pandemic began, we don’t have ANY quarantined residents! We are so pleased with the results – keep up the great work!
We’ve made the decision to discontinue posting COVID stats each Friday, though they are available to any resident who requests them. We will continue to report any positive test results, and notify all residents who may have come into contact with staff members or residents who have contracted the virus.
Chris Pagliaro, our Assistant Administrator in the Arboretum, is the Manager on Duty this Saturday and Sunday. As always, please contact the Concierge Desk if you should need assistance.