Memory Care for Alzheimer’s and Dementia in Greenville, SC
Uplifting Support & Specialized Care
There are challenges that come with caring for an older adult facing dementia or memory loss — and it can be hard to ask for help. But exploring memory care options means you’re exploring ways to give your loved one the care they need so they can be as independent as possible.
Memory care at The Woodlands is designed to provide personalized care that promotes a healthy lifestyle and creates opportunities to stay active and engaged. We get to know your loved one and develop a specific care plan that includes familiar routines, engaging activities and social interaction. And because family is so important, we make sure you’re involved through care planning and visits.
We focus on what a person can do, instead of what they can’t. We create meaningful activities that let residents succeed, have fun and develop a sense of purpose.
Memory Care Services
- Personalized assistance
- Licensed nursing staff on-site 24/7
- Private suite with private bath
- Assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing, dressing, personal grooming and daily bed-making)
- Incontinence management
- Access to geriatric physician and geriatric nurse practitioner
- Pharmacy delivery
- Medication management provided by a licensed nurse
- Access to on-site rehabilitation services (speech, occupational and physical therapy)
- Access to the full continuum of care on-site, including assisted living and short- and long-term skilled nursing
- Wandering security system
Memory Care Amenities
- Chef-prepared meals
- Regular scheduled housekeeping, laundry and flat linen service
- Enclosed courtyard for walking and relaxing
- Transportation to local medical appointments
- On-site beauty salon and barbershop
- Wide variety of daily activities to keep residents engaged
Contact us to learn more about the memory care services for Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia at The Woodlands.
Memory Care Floor Plan
Memory care residents have their own private suite with a bathroom and access to a secure courtyard, country kitchen and nurses’ station. We encourage them to bring their own furniture and decor to create a familiar and comforting environment.
See our private suite floor plan.
What is memory care?
Memory care is a highly specialized form of long-term care for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia or memory loss.
Does one need to be an existing resident of The Woodlands to receive memory care?
We accept direct admission into memory care.
What is your philosophy and care approach?
We abide by a philosophy that embraces the whole person to nurture self-esteem and dignity. In addition to individualized care, our uniquely trained staff helps residents engage in activities they enjoy, such as music performances, making smoothies, lunch outings and group exercise.
What family support do you offer?
We provide frequent individualized care plan meetings so you can track your loved one’s progress, and we can connect you to local support groups that enable you to interact with other caregivers.
What can I expect from the staff?
Our fully trained staff gets to know your loved one — their history, their likes and dislikes, and preferred schedule. This nurturing relationship often improves interactions, helps reduce behavior problems, and can result in a reduction in medication needs.