05 Mar Coronavirus Precautions | March 5, 2021
Posted at 13:46h
The Woodlands’ Test Results
Again this week, our testing indicated no active cases of COVID in our community. Restrictions have changed only slightly, see underlined information below for changes.
Following are COVID restrictions for the week beginning March 8, 2021. Based on The Woodlands’ excellent test results, they have been somewhat lessened. Changes are underlined.
Independent Living Residents are encouraged to participate in COVID testing every two weeks and continue wearing masks, practicing social distancing, and regular, thorough handwashing.
- Residents may make day trips without restrictions.
- Overnight stays to one’s second home do not require vetting by Merietta McKenzie, however, overnight stays other than to one’s second home should be vetted through her the week prior to travel (see also “Quarantine Requirements”).
- Visitors are welcome in apartments and Villas if they can produce negative Covid-19 tests, received in the three days prior to the visit or documentation of completion of both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. In addition, visitors must not be exhibiting symptoms of the virus or have had contact with anyone with a confirmed or suspected case of it in the past 14 days.
- Visits are limited to a maximum of two visitors per residence with a three-hour time limit. Visitors should be screened at the Concierge desk. Please ask your visitors not to enter the building through patios or side entrances.
- Overnight guests are welcome in the Villas only. Overnight guests must not be from a county with a positivity rate of 15% or higher. Overnight guests must have a negative Covid-19 test within 3 days of their arrival or be able to produce documented completion of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted at this time.
- Guests are encouraged to limit contact with other residents.
- Doctors’ appointments are not subject to restrictions.
Surgical procedures, visits to the ER, and stays in the hospital require notification to Merietta.
- Dining in the Camellia Room will continue and is open to residents only. No guests permitted. Meals will be packaged for those wishing to pick them up to dine in their rooms.
- Dining capacity will be at 50% of normal capacity with all tables spaced for social distancing. Diners must wear a mask to and from their table and should leave after the completion of the meal.
- All activities and wellness classes have a capacity of 15 residents.
- Aquatic activities have a capacity of 6 residents.
- No outside groups are allowed to utilize meeting spaces.
- The fitness center is open.
- For any resident who has completed both doses of the vaccine, quarantines will not be required after emergency room visits or hospital stays, unless recommended by their doctors.
- Residents who have had 2 doses of the vaccine will not be required to quarantine after overnight travel provided they do not travel abroad, on a cruise or to an area with a county positivity rate above 15%. County positivity rates are published at https://data.cms.gov/stories/s/COVID-19-Nursing-Home-Data/bkwz-xpvg/. You will scroll to the bottom of the page under the heading COVID-19 Testing. You will see here written in blue. Click on that tab and open the spreadsheet. You can search the spreadsheet by county name for any county in the US.
- Regardless of whether or not residents have taken two dosages of the vaccine, if there is a known exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID, a 10-day quarantine period, and a negative test result, taken at least five days after the exposure, will be required. Should symptoms present themselves, the quarantine period is extended to 14 days.
I (Mary Lou) will be here this Saturday and Sunday. As always, please contact the Concierge Desk if you should need assistance.