07 Jun Summer Activities in Greenville, SC are Full of Music, Food and Fun
Posted at 18:21h
We are sharing our favorite summer activities in Greenville including outdoor festivals, cultural activities and dining hot spots.
At The Woodlands, we get a lot of out-of-town guests during summer – people who are considering relocating to Greenville for their later years and touring the community. This is precisely why The Woodlands team has collected our favorite places to visit for summer fun.
Summer in Greenville and the Upstate of South Carolina is full of ART. Music, outdoor theatre and concerts, galleries, culinary arts, complete with parades and festivals.
- The Upstate Shakespeare Festival is held annually in June and July at Falls Park and offers free outdoor performances of classic Shakespeare plays.
- The Woodlands at Furman will host our very own Cliffs Happy Hour cocktail parties on June 21, July 19 and August 23 at 2pm. You don’t need to be a Cliffs Communities resident to join us for these informational get-togethers — come learn about The Woodlands’ and enjoy summertime food and beverages.
- Greenville Main Street Fridays and Downtown Alive Thursdays are great opportunities to kick off summer weekends with live music and local treats in the heart of the city.
- Greenville Jazz Fest will take place Saturday, June 3 from 4pm-10pm on Main Street and will feature exciting jazz performances.
- The Euphoria Greenville Food, Wine, and Music Festival is held in September and features celebrity chefs and wine tastings and live music.
- The Woodlands residents love, love, love The Peace Center and this summer they’re hosting the “White Claw Concert Series.” Sit on the lawn and enjoy some cool tunes. Also coming up this summer, Herbie Hancock and Wicked the Musical.
- Our residents especially love taking the short walk next door for Music by The Lake at Furman University.
- Beer? Did someone say beer? What’s better than sipping a cold, refreshing beer on a hot summer day? Check out all of the breweries in Greenville, many that are walkable in downtown.
- Another way to stay active this summer is to take advantage of the many parks and outdoor spaces in Greenville. For example, Falls Park on the Reedy is a beautiful park located in the heart of downtown Greenville that features a stunning waterfall and a scenic walking trail that is both urban and natural.
Imagine you’re a resident at The Woodlands … what would you be doing this summer?
Residents of The Woodlands have a plethora of options both on and off campus. Because we’re adjacent to Furman University (with many resident professors and intellectual types), lifelong learning classes are a popular activity both in our community and on the Furman University campus via the Osher Life Long Learning Institute (OLLI).
OLLI offers college-level courses, hikes and a wide variety of lectures. Check out the catalog here.
Woodlands residents also have access to play the Furman University golf course. It’s included in the residential agreement. And yes … we do have residents who tee up on a daily basis and it doesn’t cost them a thing except for golf cart fees.
The Woodlands is also conveniently located on the Swamp Rabbit Trail, a 22-mile multi-use trail that runs through Greenville County. This shady trail is perfect for walking, running and biking, and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
Staying active in the summer is easy in Greenville, SC, especially for those over the age of 62 who live at The Woodlands at Furman. Whether you’re looking to enjoy the great outdoors, participate in fitness programs and classes or attend cultural events and festivals, there is something for everyone. Schedule a tour of our campus today.
The Woodlands has won the “Best of the Upstate” award six times and we have a five-star Medicare rating. The community offers a boutique-style, single-site, not-for-profit living experience that is focused on providing exceptional care and services to its residents. The Woodlands offers the best of both worlds: a walkable golf course community within six miles of downtown Greenville and minutes to Blue Ridge Mountain for hiking. Learn more about The Woodlands.
We look forward to meeting you! Call 864-371-3100, or use the form on our Contact page to schedule a personal appointment, or to learn more.